Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Traditions.....

Photobucket

Since having children, I've had to let go my OCD tendencies when it comes to Christmas decorating, but seeing the smiles on their faces, and hearing their laughter as they create wonderful memories, overrides the OCD by far!

Having traditions like decorating the tree as a family, planting jelly beans that turn into jelly bean candy canes, making reindeer food, leaving cookies and milk out for Santa, etc, make Christmas magic for our children. I want my children to grow up, and remember the magic of Christmas, and carry that on with their own families.

Happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post!! Pete decorated our Christmas tree in Auckland all by himself after taking all the decorations I had put on and deciding he could do it better, it's a cute mess. Christmas is such an awesome time of the year, I feel a bit sorry for kids that have parents who don't think it's special and don't make much of an effort with the kids! Your Christmas is sounding perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely agree, this year with our advent calender we have made it so the 'elves' leave the kids a wee choc santa and a note, their faces in the morning are sooo priceless....even if it usually takes me till I get comfy IN bed to remember the elves havent been lol

    ReplyDelete